Food Manager General Questions
What Food Manager courses do you offer?
- National ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification (class or proctor)
- Texas Certified Food Manager (online)
What is the National ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification
- One-day class including exam or proctored exam
- Available in English and Spanish
- Thornhill Training ServSafe® manager class is well- known for its higher passing rates.
- This accredited exam is accepted in all states.
- National exams do not allow online testing. You can study on line but exam must be given during a class or administered by a proctor.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you take the correct manager certification program. Some companies only accept the national ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification program.
Which manager certification is right for you and your job? For an overview of the differences click here.”
What is the Online Texas Certified Food Manager (CFM)
- Online study course and exam.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- After passing Certified Food Manager a certificate print your certificate which is valid in Texas.
Which manager certification is right for you and your job? To learn more click here.
What’s the difference between the Online Texas Certified Food Manager and the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Class?
For an overview of the differences click here.”
How long is the ServSafe® Food Manager certification valid?
How do I renew my ServSafe® Food Manager certification?
I lost my ServSafe® Certificate, how can I order a duplicate?
*There is an option to have a certificate printed and mailed to you for a fee of $10.00
Go to http://www.servsafe.com/customer-assistance/purchase-duplicate-certificate
or call (800) 765-2122, ext. 6703.
Online Texas Certified Food Manager (CFM)
How long do I have to take the class?
How much time is allowed to take the online manager exam?
What is the passing score for the Manager online exam?
How do I prepare for the exam?
If I have technical questions about Food Manager Online whom do I contact?
Are classes available in Spanish?
TABC will soon be available.
How long do I have to take the class?
ServSafe® Food Manager Classes (Public and Private)
What do I need to bring to class?
How much does the class cost?
How long is the ServSafe® Class?
How long does the ServSafe® Exam take to complete?
How long is the lunch break for the ServSafe® Class?
Are study materials available prior to class?
What is the ServSafe® Exam format?
Are there qualifications before taking the course?
What types of photo identification are acceptable?
What is a passing score for the ServSafe® Food Manager exam?
How do I obtain my ServSafe® Food Manager exam score online?
- During class the instructor will provide a CLASS NUMBER. On the scantron answer form students are asked to write the number on the tear-off portion of their scantron along with either the last four digits of their social security number or email address. In order to check scores online, students will need either their email address or the last four digits of their social security number.
- 12-14 days from class date the student can check their scores.
- Go to ServSafe.com.
- Go to Student/Examinees under ServSafe® Food Safety in the blue box.
- Click “Check exam scores.”
- If you are a new user you will have to create a new profile.
- Type in information and your class number to view your score.
- A security survey will display first. If you would rather not complete it, click “skip.”
When will I get my certificate?
To create a new profile your email and class/session number are required. The class/session number is provided at class. This is only for classes by Thornhill Training.
I received my ServSafe® Food Manager certificate; do I need to register with my local Health Department?
If I do not pass the ServSafe® certification exam what should I do?
Are classes available in any other language besides English?
Where can I find a proctor for the exam?